You may want to read the previous chapter on planning your home sale
in Vancouver here.
- How to Find Your Real Estate Agent
- What Can a Realtor® Do for You?
- Going it Alone (FSBO)
Your Realtor® will have a big influence over the selling process and the success of the transaction. It is definitely worth taking the time to select your agent carefully.A good real estate agent should have his or her finger on the pulse of the city, track (and take active part in) real estate trends, share in the concerns of the neighbourhoods she or he serves, and even participate in local matters.
Your agent should definitely have a passion for working with people in the community and helping families not only buy and sell their homes, but achieve their dreams. That’s really what makes a good agent; but we provide some more concrete tips below.
How to Find Your Real Estate Agent
Here are things to keep in mind that will help you find the best agent for you:
- Know precisely what services you will need from your agent: Read on to find out what you can expect your Realtor® to do for you when selling your home.
- If you have the time, interview multiple agents from multiple firms. Ask about their background, list of services, marketing strategies, access to resources and success rates. To complete the picture, you should inquire about each agent’s commissions.
- Choose someone familiar with and established in your neighbourhood. Your agent’s experience and reputation can help you strengthen your position in preparing your house for presentation to buyers and in price negotiations.
Don’t worry, after one or two meetings with real estate agents in your area, the home selling process will be much clearer to you!